This is how you lose her.
You lose her when you forget to remember the little things that mean the world to her: the sincerity in a stranger’s voice during a trip to the grocery, the delight of finding something lost or forgotten like a sticker from when she was five, the selflessness of a child giving a part of his meal to another, the scent of new books in the store, the surprise short but honest notes she tucks in her journal and others you could only see if you look closely.
You must remember when she forgets.
You lose her when you don’t notice that she notices everything about you: your use of the proper punctuation that tells her continuation rather than finality, your silence when you’re about to ask a question but you think anything you’re about to say to her would be silly, your mindless humming when it is too quiet, your handwriting when you sign your name in blank sheets of paper, your muted laughter when you are trying to be polite, and more and more of what you are, which you don’t even know about yourself, because she pays attention.
She remembers when you forget.
You lose her for every second you make her feel less and less of the beauty that she is. When you make her feel that she is replaceable. She wants to feel cherished. When you make her feel that you are fleeting. She wants you to stay. When you make her feel inadequate. She wants to know that she is enough and she does not need to change for you, nor for anyone else because she is she and she is beautiful, kind and good.
You must learn her.
You must know the reason why she is silent. You must trace her weakest spots. You must write to her. You must remind her that you are there. You must know how long it takes for her to give up. You must be there to hold her when she is about to.
You must love her because many have tried and failed. And she wants to know that she is worthy to be loved, that she is worthy to be kept.
And, this is how you keep her." - This Is How You Lose Her, Junot Diaz (via pluteum)
1. First thing you wash in the shower?
2. Are you more of a coffee or alcohol drinker?
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
6. Whats the closest thing to you thats red?
8. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
10. What are you craving right now?
11. Turn ons?
12. Turn offs?
14. When was the last time you cried? Why?
16. Did the one person who hurt you most in your life apologize?
17. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
18. Favorite movie ever?
19. Do you like yourself?
20. Have you ever met a celebrity?
22. What are you listening to right now?
23. How many countries have you visited?
25. Would you go sky diving?
27. Whats on your mind right now?
28. Is there anything you want to say to someone?
32. When was the last time you had sex?
33. Name five facts about yourself.
34. Ever had a near death experience? If so, what happened?
39. Ever been in love?
41. If you could trade places with any person living or dead, who would you trade places with?
42. If you could shorten your life expectancy by 10 years to becopme more attractive, would you do it?
43. Whom do you admire and why?
45. You’re walking down the street, you come across a burning building. A woman says her baby is trapped inside, what would you do?
46. If you could choose the future profession of your son or daughter, would you?
47. What was your best experience on drugs or alcohol?
48. What was your worst experience on drugs or alcohol?
50. As your walking down the street you find a suitcase full of money sitting next to a parked car, would you take it?
51. If you found that a close friend has AIDS, would you still hang out with them?
53. How old were you when you lost your virginity?
55. If you could live forever, would you want to?
56. Which fictional movie character most resembles who you are?
57. If you could go back in time, which time period would you visit?
60. If you could choose the sex of your unborn child, would you want to?
61. Would you rather live longer or be wealthy?